It is highly recommended that you set a password for the account with which you log into your personal computer. This way, you can lock your computer so no one else can access your files.
If you currently log into your computer just by clicking the account on the Windows startup screen, here's how you can add a password:
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Double-click on User Accounts. (If you are have a blue background in the Control Panel, you will need to click User Accounts again under "or pick a Control Panel icon.")
- Click on your user name.
- Click Create a password.
- Type your password and retype it in the next field.
- In the third field, you can optionally give yourself a hint in case you forget your password.
- Click Create Password.
- Close the User Accounts and Control Panel windows.