To order, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to include the phone number and the number of repetitions of the announcement.
Initializing a greeting-only account:
- Dial the access number 512 232-UTVM (8886); on campus, dial 2-8886.
- Enter the mailbox number and press #. NOTE: If the greeting-only account is associated with the line you are on, this step will be omittedskip to step 3 and enter the PIN. If you are prompted for your PIN because you already have a mailbox associated with your line, but you are trying to access a different mailbox number for the greeting-only box, press the * key to be prompted for a mailbox number, enter the mailbox number and press #.
- Enter the default PIN (1111) and press #.
- Listen to the introductory prompt and follow the simple instructions to create a new PIN. Once you create the PIN, the mailbox is initialized.
- The system prompts you to record your personal the greeting. Wait for the beep and record the greeting announcement callers will hear. When you finish recording, press #.
- UTVM repeats the recording for your review and offers options to accept or re-record the greeting (or to press * to exit).
- After saving your greeting, UTVM notifies you that you have completed the steps to set up the mailbox and plays options for changing the greeting or the PIN for the account. You may just hang up.
IMPORTANT: If your greeting-only mailbox is associated with a telephone instrument, you will need to follow the steps under Forwarding Calls to UTVM. (If your greeting-only line is a virtual line, i.e., not associated with a telephone set, then your Voice Mail Administrator will have already programmed the line to forward calls directly to voice mail.)
Proceed as above, steps 1-3. You'll be given options to press 1 to change the recorded announcement and , or press 2 to change the PIN.