Adding, Reassigning and Canceling UTVM
Determining if UTVM Service Already Exists for a Phone Number
- Call the main number 512-232-8886 (on campus dial 2-8886).
- If you are prompted for a PIN, press * to bypass this login prompt.
- At the mailbox prompt, press * again to enter the "express message" service.
- You will be prompted to enter a mailbox number followed by the # sign in order to leave a message.
If the mailbox exists, you will hear its greeting. If not, you will hear that the "service is temporarily unavailable." You can then proceed to request new service or reassignment of the existing mailbox, as appropriate.
Adding New UTVM Service
Unlike SmartVoice, UTVM is provided free of charge to customers whose telephone service has been converted to the new VoIP telephone switch. UTVM mailboxes are no longer tied to names and EIDs. To request new service, simply email email@example.com with the following:
- the phone number(s) needing voice mail service
- cc: to the end users (we'll reply-to-all with the instructions)
- your contact information
- NOTE: If you need a greeting-only mailbox that will not accept messages, please specify that in your email.
Reassigning UTVM Mailboxes
To request mailbox reassignment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the phone number(s) and subscriber name(s) and specify one the following options for each reassigned mailbox:
- Log in by web browser.
- Go to Settings to check and modify or remove general Preferences, Greeting settings, and Sub-Mailboxes.
- Go to Address Book to check and add or remove contacts.
- Go to Notification to check and modify or remove email notification settings.
Cancelling UTVM Service
Send an email to email@example.com requesting cancellation of voice mail, and provide the phone number(s).
The customer (or the TSC) is responsible for ensuring that the forwarding features have been turned off on the phone: