- Dial the access number 512 232-UTVM (8886); on campus, dial 2-8886.
- Enter the mailbox number and press #. NOTE: If the greeting-only account is associated with the line you are on, this step will be omitted.
- Enter the default PIN (1111) and press #.
- Listen to the introductory prompt and follow the simple instructions to create a new PIN. Once you create a the PIN, the mailbox is initialized.
- The system prompts you to record your personal greeting. Wait for the beep and record the greeting callers will hear when they access the mailbox. When you finish recording, press #.
- UTVM repeats the recording for your review and offers options to accept or re-record the greeting (or to press * to exit).
- After saving your greeting, the tutorial UTVM notifies you that you have completed the steps to set up the mailbox and plays options for changing the greeting or the PIN for the account. You may just hang up.
IMPORTANT: If your greeting-only mailbox is associated with a telephone instrument, you will need to follow the steps under Forwarding Calls to Voice Mail. (If your greeting-only line is a virtual line, i.e., not associated with a telephone set, then your Voice Mail Administrator will have already programmed the line to forward calls directly to voice mail.)