- Message expiry is not set on individual messages until they are read. If you forward your voice messages to email, your mailbox will eventually reach full capacity and stop taking messages. Log in to UTVM periodically (perhaps monthly or weekly depending on your usage; disk quota is about 80 minutes of messages) and delete old messages. ITS is working with the vendor to resolve the problem and will update UTVM subscribers when a solution is in place.
Telephone User Interface (TUI)
- Reply-to-Live feature: If you select this feature at the end of a message, your call will be placed to the sender, but you will not hear their phone ringing (ring-back tone); a feature enhancement has been requested from the vendor.
- The Busy greeting does not play; callers hear the No Answer greeting instead. This feature is not supported by the vendor until further notice.
- When both forward-busy and forward-no-answer are active, taking one or the other off (using service codes *83 or *85) does not stop forwarding to voice mail as intended. When both are removed, the forwarding stops as expected. I.e., to remove one of the features, you have to remove both, then re-add the one you want to keep.
- Express Messaging Issue: Unlike SmartVoice, transfers to the UTVM Express Messaging do not complete; callers transferred to UTVM mailboxes in this way are either dropped or are asked for a PIN. ITS has submitted a Feature Development Request to add an Express Messaging feature that will work with call-transfer.
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Audio problems (truncated or intermittent messages, or no sound at all, during playback): The vendor has identified this as a QuickTime plugin issue on Macs only. ITS has submitted a Feature Development Request to add support for QuickTime. Meanwhile, subscribers may opt to use the QuickTime application rather than the plugin. This option can be selected in your browser's preference settings. Alternatively, if you use an application other than your browser to read email, set your UTVM preferences to automatically forward UTVM to email and listen to the attached wav files from your email program.
- If your session expires, you may get a message telling you to contact your administrator. That's not necessary; log out and log back in.
- After logging in following a session time-out, you may sometimes only see a subset of the normal options. Close the browser window or tab, open a new one and log back in. To prevent this from happening, always start a session using a new browser window or tab.
- Uploading greeting wav files via web session is not currently supported at UT. Please use telephone access to change greetings.
- Uploading Address Book csv files is not currently supported at UT. Contacts must be entered individually.