Full Mailbox: A voice mailbox may be full even when the Inbox has little or nothing in it. When you delete messages, they go into the Trash bin but are not finally deleted until they reach their 30-day expiration. The only way to clear the trash bin is to log in online at voicemail.its.utexas.edu. Select the Trash tab, then the Select button at lower left to select all the messages on the page. You can then click the Delete button (trashcan icon) to delete the selected messages. If there are more messages, you can delete them one page at a time until they're all gone.
Find Me, Follow Me: This feature results in the customer being unable to hear the caller or both parties placed on hold. A trouble ticket has been opened with the vendor.
- Sub-Mailboxes: Although both the TUI and the GUI will allow you to create up to ten sub-mailboxes, the tenth box cannot be selected by callers. The effective limit for sub-mailboxes is nine. This issue has been reported to the vendor.
Telephone User Interface (TUI)
Reply-to-Live feature: If you select this feature at the end of a message, your call will be placed to the sender, but you will not hear their phone ringing (ring-back tone); a feature enhancement has been requested from the vendor.
The Busy greeting does not play; callers hear the No Answer greeting instead. This feature is not supported by the vendor until further notice.
When both forward-busy and forward-no-answer are active, taking one or the other off (using service codes *83 or *85) does not stop forwarding to voice mail as intended. When both are removed, the forwarding stops as expected. I.e., to remove one of the features, you have to remove both, then re-add the one you want to keep.
Express Messaging Issue: Unlike SmartVoice, transfers to the UTVM Express Messaging do not complete; callers transferred to UTVM mailboxes in this way are either dropped or are asked for a PIN. ITS has submitted a Feature Development Request to add an Express Messaging feature that will work with call-transfer.
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Audio problems (truncated or intermittent messages, or no sound at all, during playback): The vendor has identified this as a QuickTime plugin issue on Macs only. ITS has submitted a Feature Development Request to add support for QuickTime. Meanwhile, subscribers may opt to use the QuickTime application rather than the plugin. This option can be selected in your browser's preference settings (ask your TSC for help). Alternatively, if you use an application other than your browser to read email, set your UTVM preferences to automatically forward UTVM to email and listen to the attached wav files from your email program.
- If your session expires, you may get a message telling you to contact your administrator. That's not necessary; log out and log back in.
- After logging in following a session time-out, you may sometimes only see a subset of the normal options. Close the browser window or tab, open a new one and log back in. To prevent this from happening, always start a session using a new browser window or tab.
- Uploading greeting wav files via web session is not currently supported at UT. Please use telephone access to change greetings.
- Uploading Address Book csv files is not currently supported at UT. Contacts must be entered individually.