The McCombs School of Business Media Services department is responsible for fulfilling the school's needs for a wide range of services including asynchronous and synchronous eLearning, custom-created smart classrooms, hallway video signage, equipment checkout, videotaping services, video conferencing and graphic printing. We strive to make the McCombs School a leader in technology-enhanced learning environments.
512-232-6679 (GSB/CBA) and 512-232-4646 (RRH)
Zoom Quick Start Guide
UT Zoom Login: utexas.zoom.us
This is a guide for the installation and basic usage of Zoom, our preferred online collaboration solution. UT has purchased a Zoom site license that covers all faculty, staff and students. Each license allows for 300 simultaneous connections (online participants) and lecture capture (class recording). For the 50+ UT Austin classes requiring 500 or more or 1000 or more online participants, the license for these instructors will be adjusted on the backend of Canvas by the Canvas Administrators and nothing will need to be done by the instructor regarding class sizing.
- For comprehensive instructions please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- For questions not covered by the Zoom support page please email VC-Trouble@mccombs.utexas.edu for assistance
Zoom for Remote Teaching
To begin using Zoom go to utexas.zoom.us, sign in with your eid, this will activate the account provided to you by UT.
Zoom will download the app, click on "Sign in with SSO", enter "utexas" as your domain and click submit, continue to login with your EID followed by @eid.utexas.edu.
These links will assist you in becoming familiar with Zoom:
- Here is a step-by-step page to get started Getting started on Mac and PC
- There is a collection of video tutorials that cover basic and advanced Zoom features
- There are daily Live Training Webinars available that you may register to attend. These webinars demonstrate Zoom’s abilities and give you a picture of what a student in an online class would experience. Previously recorded webinars are also available if you would like to watch them without participating
- Zoom has an extensive FAQ section where you may find answers to specific questions and the Zoom search field is very powerful on their support site
- If Zoom does not seem to be working correctly you can check the Zoom Service Status page. This page will give you information about whether the service is experiencing disruptions. Due to the sudden load on Zoom from the many colleges and businesses shifting to online collaboration, there may be occasional outages
- For more advanced users there are virtual break-out rooms that you can utilize during class.
- If you encounter settings or features that are grayed out or get a “No permission. (number)” message, UT has not yet configured that feature for our site license. You may email VC-Trouble@mccombs.utexas.edu to have your issue brought up for consideration by UT. However, do not expect an immediate fix as feature requests can take some time to activate or implement
Quick Connect for Zoom - Very Quick Setup
- Sign in to your Utexas account at Utexas.Zoom.US. Click on "Sign In"
- Use your UTEID to sign in on the next page.
- Click on Personal Meeting room and Start Meeting to try out different Zoom features. End Meeting