The best way to create a series of student group meetings is to create a recurring meeting as the meeting ID never changes, and you do not need to send out invites for every meeting. This creates meetings that repeat as often as you choose.
Every Zoom meeting will have the same link for users to click on every time. If you want the link to only work at the scheduled times, you turn “join before host” off. You create a calendar appointment with the dates and times to share with the group. You need to be present for every meeting.
- Go to https://utexas.zoom.us/ and sign in with your UT EID.
- Once you are logged in click on the "Meetings" link on the left side. When you are on the "Meetings" page, just click "Schedule a New Meeting" at the top.
- This is where you fill in all the information about the meeting. To make it a meeting that repeats regularly you will want to check the box that says "Recurring Meeting" underneath the date and time options.
- You choose an end date for these repeating meetings, such as the end of the semester, or how often you like this meeting to repeat.
- This will produce one link that lets people join the meeting with the same meeting link
- Once you have finished setting up the meeting you scroll to the very bottom of the page and click the "Save" button.
- To access the join link, click on the "Meetings" button on the left again to see all your scheduled meetings. In this view you will see every repeated meeting as its own individual meeting that you can click on.
- You may also click on “Topic” and that will open this meeting and gives the option to download a calendar link. Here you can also edit a meeting or the series by clicking “Edit this Meeting” at the bottom of that page. There is no export option, so the calendar option is the best to share with a group of people.
There are additional help files for zoom at this link.: https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/MSBTech/Student+Online+Instruction+Wiki