In certain circumstances, a UT faculty, staff, student employees or student that requires an Office 365 mailbox may need to self-provision an Office 365 mailbox. Faculty and Staff starting employment at UT should have an Office 365 mailbox automatically created for them.
- To create a mailbox, go to the following web page and login with your EID and EID password. You will be required to use second factor authentication (see Setting up UT Two-Factor Authentication).
- Once you have logged in,
- Check the Display name and Email address. It is recommended you use the naming convention, email@example.com
- Select "Submit" (be patient, it may take a few minutes.)
- Your mailbox has been successfully created when you see the following page. It will not be ready to use for about 2 hours.
- NOTE: Please note that this mailbox is considered a Business account and CANNOT be forwarded to a Personal UTmail (Google) mailbox.
- For reference, please see "Email forwarding rules": https://ut.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&number=KB0013944