It is a free, open-source SIP client that requires the presence of Oracle's Java runtime to operate.
Deployment & Installation
This soft client requires some initial configuration but does not require logging in after its initial setup.
- Download and decompress the ZIP file.
- Drag the Linphone application icon to the Applications folder.
- Launch the Linphone application.
- From the Options menu, choose Preferences > Manage SIP Accounts.
- Click the + button and choose New SIP Account.
- In the General tab, in the User Details section, enter the following:
- Account Name: UT Voice
- User ID: Your User ID
- Domain: utexas.edu
- Password: Your Password
- Display Name: Your Name
- In the General tab, in the Domain Proxy section:
- Click the Proxy radio button.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in the Address field.
- Click OK.
Maintenance & Support
Integration Consideration (ex. Outlook)
Issues & Resolutions