Adding, Reassigning and Canceling UTVM
Adding New UTVM Service
Unlike SmartVoice, UTVM is provided free of charge to customers whose telephone service has been converted to the new VoIP telephone switch. UTVM mailboxes are no longer tied to names and EIDs. To request new service, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- the phone number(s) needing voice mail service
- cc: to the end users (we'll reply-to-all with the instructions)
- your contact information
- NOTE: If you need a greeting-only mailbox that will not accept messages, please specify that in your email.
Reassigning UTVM Mailboxes
There are two options for reassigning voice mailboxes to new users:
Option 1: Complete Mailbox Replacement
This option is the cleanest for the end user, because all settings (such as email notification and forwarding) and recordings (such as name, standard greeting, extended absence greeting, etc.) will be removed. However, any messages (played or unplayed) in the mailbox will also be removed and cannot be retrieved.
Option 2: PIN Reset Only
This option retains any messages (played or unplayed) left in the mailbox, but also retains any greetings and settings used by the previous mailbox owner. When choosing this option, the new owner will be advised to check and update all settings and greetings using the following checklists:
- To check and change greetings, log in by telephone. Press 9 1 6 to get to Modify Greetings, then select the options below and follow the prompts:
- Press 1 for Modify Generic.
- Press 2 for Modify Extended Absence.
- (Option 3, Modify Busy, is not supported.)
- Press 4 for Modify No-Answer.
- Log in by web browser.
- Go to Settings to check and modify or remove general Preferences, Greeting settings, and Sub-Mailboxes.
- Go to Address Book to check and add or remove contacts.
- Go to Notification to check and modify or remove email notification settings.
Cancelling UTVM Service
Send an email to email@example.com requesting cancellation of voice mail, and provide the phone number(s).
The customer (or the TSC) is responsible for ensuring that the forwarding features have been turned off on the phone:
- To remove forward-no-answer: From the dial tone press *83, wait for confirmation tone and hang up.
- To remove forward-busy: From the dial tone press *85, wait for confirmation tone and hang up.