Congratulations on your graduation! Your McCombs technology resources (email, lab access, support) change upon your graduation. Read on to find out what changes and how to prevent data loss. We also recommend you read the Graduation FAQ page, which answers common graduation questions.
You receive lifetime email forwarding, so you can continue sharing your McCombs address as long as you want.
Full-time regular MBA students: When the semester ends, you will no longer be eligible for a mailbox in the Austin Office 365 tenant. Please plan to lose access immediately to your mailbox as soon as you no longer have current student status.
Set up your email forwarding before leaving for the semester*, and if you have an Austin Office 365 mailbox, backup anything you want to keep
May 21, 2021
Official end of the semester. You no longer have current student status after this date.
* You can forward your email at any time, but if you wait until after your account is deleted you will miss email sent between the account deletion and when forwarding takes effect. You are responsible for backing up your mailbox before account deletion.
Essential steps to prepare for graduation:
1. Buy any software you want to keep from the Campus Computer Store. If you have not already bought the latest version of Windows and Office, this is a great opportunity to get them at a low price.
2. If you use Outlook personal folders, find out where they are saved. (instructions)
3. Back up your files to a USB drive, DVD, CD, or external hard drive (because it’s always a good idea). Do not back up to a UT or McCombs provided resource. (instructions)
4. Set up your alternate email address (the one your McCombs mail is forwarded to) to send from your McCombs account, if your alternate email account allows this. (instructions)
If you have any questions about the changes in your McCombs technology resources, or if you need assistance completing any of the steps above, contact the SWAT Shop.
GSB 3.124 (no in-person services available at this time)