To be eligible to drive a CTR vehicle, a staff member: (1) must have a valid Texas driver's license, (2) must have taken the online UT vehicle training.
* All new drivers must be trained before being authorized and allowed to drive a U.T. owned vehicle.
1.) All new drivers must receive training before they can be authorized to drive a UT-owned vehicle.
2.) Driver training may include any one of the following:
- Any accredited Defensive Driving course (must provide certificate)
- One-day seminars on driving improvement
- Driver training videos that focus on specific driving skills
- Hands-on, behind-the-wheel training
- Online driver training courses taken through UT
I Drive Safely
- I Drive Safely offers 2 and 6-hour versions of their course.
- Each version costs $10, to be charged to the department.
- There is no charge until the entire course has been completed.
- Courses may take longer than 2 or 6 hour, depending on the student’s reading comprehension ability.
- You can leave the course at any time and return later to complete.
- The course format is very reading intensive.