Joining a class or office hours is done through Canvas
- Log into your Canvas course site
- Click on Zoom in the left toolbar to locate links to join the class in Zoom. In some cases an instructor might place Zoom links in a calendar on Canvas, or email links out
- When you click on the link you should be prompted to enter your UTEID and password. If not you could be logging in with a non-UT Zoom ID and this could cause issues.
- IMPORTANT NOTE on Office Hours: If your professor has separate Canvas sites for each section or they host a single set of office hours for all their different courses, it's likely that the professor will not set up office hours in Canvas. In this case, they may share a direct link through which you join per steps below. The key takeaway is that you will need to talk with your professor about how to join office hours
If you receive a link directly in an email from an instructor
- First, log into utexas.zoom.us and “Sign In.”
- NOTE: You must be signed into Zoom with your UT Zoom account to fully participate in a class. If you're in a class or office hours and can't participate fully, that could be because you're logging in with a non-UT Zoom account.
- Here is a link to instructions for installing and signing into Zoom. After you have signed in with your UT Zoom account you may then join the class using the Meeting ID
If you’re joining from outside the US and need to join via phone
Still need help?
Go to the Student Troubleshooting page first. If that doesn't help:
For McCombs students, please contact Media Services via email or phone:
For all other UT students, please contact your respective college or school