Exams and Quizzes
Exams and quizzes will be administered through Canvas. Your instructor will give you further information
What is Proctorio?
Proctorio is a secure exam monitoring platform that integrates with Canvas and ONLY works within the Chrome web browser. You may encounter this automated system in your exams. If so, please ensure that you have the following installed on your computer. Proctorio only works on a computer, tablet and phone support is not available.
Students must have the following installed on their device (one-time task):
Proctorio Student Support
Here is a link to the UTexas Proctorio Student Tutorial which contains comprehensive instructions as well as 24/7 support:
Tips for students when using Proctorio:
- Make sure you’re using the Chrome browser on a desktop or laptop computer. Tablet and phone support is not available
- Make sure your computer is plugged into a power outlet and not running on battery
- Make sure your Proctorio Chrome Extension access setting is “on all sites” before taking quiz. You can turn this off after you complete the quiz or exam.
- These tips can reduce issues with Proctorio’s camera check of your webcam and mic that runs at the start. Before starting the quiz:
- Make sure you’re in a room that is quiet with good lighting with no glare
- Make sure your face is close enough to your camera and not too far away
- If you are wearing glasses you may need to remove them during the camera check that runs at the start
- When Proctorio runs its test of your hardware, if the webcam or microphone tests fail it’s likely an issue with your computer or browser so:
- First, try the links they provide to trouble shoot your issues. This fixes the issue for some
- If that doesn’t help, use the Live Chat feature to talk to someone at Proctorio to resolve your issue. Do not ignore this option because Proctorio Support is experienced in resolving issues
- If you get an alert that your computer is lacking RAM and could crash, still attempt to take the quiz or exam.
- If you’re still having issues, try rebooting your computer and reopening the quiz/exam
Still need help?
For McCombs students, please contact Media Services via email or phone:
For all other UT students, please contact your respective college or school