The BME Graduate Program has shifted to electronic forms and prefers to use DocuSign when available. This page contains a comprehensive list of forms that graduate students use and information on the use of DocuSign for some of the forms. 

DocuSign forms for graduate student use are managed by the graduate coordinator. Please contact for all DocuSign related questions, including to add more forms to DocuSign.

Forms Available in DocuSign


Students at UT do not have the capability to set up a DocuSign account. PowerForms for graduate students are set up in the graduate coordinator's DocuSign account, but can be initiated and sent by students using a URL.

PowerForms Available for Student Use in BME

Other Forms

Forms that are not set up as PowerForms must be initiated and sent by the Graduate Coordinator. 

Other Forms that the Graduate Coordinator Can Launch for You

  • BME Proposal Form
  • Graduate Add/Drop Form (also used to change a course's grade to/from CR/NC)
  • Request for Change in Doctoral Committee
  • Request for Delay in Publication
  • Unreserve Course for Graduate Credit (BSBME/MSE students)
Note: the Graduate Coordinator manages the routing of Learning Outcomes Forms in DocuSign for all qualifying exams, proposals and final oral exams. Students no longer need to obtain these forms from their committees. 

Don't want to use DocuSign? Learn how to use Adobe Certificates to sign a PDF or how to add a digital signature in Office files