This feature can be used to automatically notify you by email of new voice messages.
It can also be used to forward voice messages as attachments via email. If you have added fax capability, you can also forward faxes as attachments.
CAVEAT re: failed notifications: If for any reason a notification fails (e.g., the email system is down) you may not receive the notification. Relying solely on email to receive your voice messages or faxes is not advised.
First, set up the email address to forward to:
- Log into your voice mail account online (right-click this link to open in a new tab or window: https://voicemail.its.utexas.edu) using your 5-digit campus phone number and voice mail PIN.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, click Notification. In the new window, select Set Up Notification.
- Enter your email address, and click the Add Attachment button to the right. (Note: If you click Add instead of Add Attachment you’ll get a notification of new voice mail without the recording attached.)
- You can repeat the previous step to forward messages to multiple addresses, if you like.
- Optional: Edit the Subject and Body fields.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Save button.
Next, verify that forwarding is turned on:
- Click Notification again.
- This time, click Activate Notification.
- If the “Notify me through Email” option is set to Off, select one of the other options.
- If you have added fax capability, click the blue Fax link and set options.
Back to home page