How do I access Lynda?
McCombs students, faculty, and staff should go to www.mccombs.utexas.edu/lynda in a web browser. Login with your UT EID and password.
What is Lynda?
Lynda is an online learning website with courses on a large variety of topics, including Microsoft Office, Visual Studio, Apple, Adobe, business skills, and much more. You can access it anytime and anywhere that has an internet connection. It keeps track of where you are, so if you leave in the middle of a course, it can tell you where you were when you return.
Tips and Tricks
- Click the Plus sign next to each course name to add it to your learning queue.
- Click the ‘my courses’ menu in the top toolbar to see your queue, course history, bookmarks, and certificates of completion.
- After opening a course, click on just the individual videos to see.
- Visit back weekly to see the latest releases and most viewed courses.
How do I connect with a mobile device?
In a web browser, go to the Lynda mobile site. http://m.lynda.com
iPhone & iPad
Lynda offers a free app in the Apple App Store. Search for “Lynda” to find the appropriate version. After installing, the app asks you to log in. Instead of typing in your user name and password, click on the button or link for Web Portal Access. In the organization URL, type in “mccombs.utexas.edu”. This redirects you to a UT EID log in screen. Login with your UT EID and password to access your Lynda account.
Both iPhone and iPad users can also view the Lynda mobile site in a web browser: http://m.lynda.com
Can I see my training record or course history?
Yes, go to the my courses menu at the top, and click on course history.
Can I view the training record or course history of others, such as students in my class or staff members who report to me?
No, our license does not allow anyone to see the training records of others, even students and direct reports.
How can I learn more about Lynda?
- Watch the videos on how to use Lynda.com http://www.lynda.com/tutorial/77683?org=mccombs.utexas.edu
- Faculty and department heads or team leads can request a demo of Lynda in a class or team meeting. Email the Training Team for more information.
- Sign up for the monthly newsletter and recent releases at: http://www.lynda.com/news/NewsletterPreferences.aspx
- Like Lynda on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/lyndadotcom
- Read the Lynda blog at http://blog.lynda.com
- Follow Lynda on Twitter. http://twitter.com/lyndadotcom/
Who can access Lynda.com?
Currently, all University of Texas faculty, staff, and students can access Lynda!
If you have any other questions, please fill out our Computer Services Help Request Form.