Using the VMWare Academic Software Licensing Program hosted at DTL Brightspace.com, faculty and students at the McCombs School of Business can download VMWare Fusion at to run a Windows VM on a Macintosh computer. There is no cost to download and use this software, but it's license must be renewed by you each year. You will not be able to renew your license once you are no longer a student or faculty member.
To request access to this program please follow the steps below
- Submit a ticket at https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/tech requesting access. Please tell us the university email address you wish to use as your logon for the program.
- Once we register your email address, you will receive an email message from email@example.com similar to the one below that invites you to the program.
- Click the link in the email to register for the program. This will take you to the main login page. Click the "Click here" button to register
- At the next page, since this is your first time accessing the program click the "Register" button. (In the future after registering you can use the "Log In" button)
- The next page will ask you to confirm your email address, set a password, and create your account.
- Once the registration is completed, you will then be allowed to access the program web pages. Click the link provided to access the program.
- In the future, anytime you need to access the program just go directly to https://itacademy.vmware.com to login with the email and password you registered with the program. McCombs IT staff do not have the ability to access or reset your password. If you forget your password, please use the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page.
- The DTL Brightspace main dashboard shows the "courses" you are enrolled in. You should only see one course called "Software Product & License" keys.
- When you access the "Software Product & License" course page you will see instructions for downloading software and requesting one-year license keys for this software. You should request software keys before downloading any software, since it can take anywhere from fifteen minutes to several hours for VMWare to email you your requested license key.