The latest edition of Acrobat PDFMaker appears to be incompatible with Word and PowerPoint. To fix this:
- With Microsoft Word open, click Tools at the top of the screen > Templates and Add-ins..., and untick the box for LinkCreation.dotm. If there are others for EndNotes or Zotero, leave those alone.
- With Microsoft PowerPoint open, click Tools at the top of the screen > PowerPoint Add-ins..., delete the add-in SaveAsAdobePDF.
- To open your hidden user Library folder, Go to the Finder app(leftmost icon on the dock with blue/white face) and hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu and choosing Library. The folder will open.
- The Go menu will appear at the top bar of the screen once you're in Finder.
- After opening the Library folder, navigate through the following folders: Group Containers / UB48T346G9.Office / User Content / Startup
- In the folder Word, drag the file LinkCreation.dotm to your desktop, then restart Microsoft Word to test that the error is gone by opening a blank document.
- In the folder Powerpoint, drag the file SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam to your desktop, then restart Microsoft PowerPoint to test that the error is gone by opening a blank document.