- KNOW the SCHEDULE that labs open - here are the days/hours
- Know the Rooms you are opening and closing - Only open DML CMA 4.138, CMA 4.142 and CMA 4.144
- CLOSING at end of the day close and lock all the doors on CMA4 lab area and check CMB 4 CMB 4.120 and 4.114
Monday - Thursday 8AM to 10PM
Friday 8AM to 5PM
Saturday 12PM to 5PM - these proctors open and close Saturday
Sunday 12PM to 10PM
- Shift Trade/Coverage:
We use Humanity - Shiftplanning to coordinate shifts.
Keep your contact information (email / phone number) up-to-date.
For scheduling questions, check the posted schedule. The Humanity schedule is the official schedule. If you trade a shift and it is not on the schedule WE DON'T SEE IT. IT IS NOT A SCHEDULED CHANGE.
- Create a shift trade request in Humanity - Shiftplanning. If there is no reply, it is your responsibility to call, text or personally email other student workers to obtain shift coverage.
- Inform your supervisor at least two days in advance after you have tried all of the above and could not find coverage for your scheduled shift time.
- If you still cannot find anyone to cover your shift, we will try to make other arrangements. Otherwise, you are expected to work that shift.
- If you agree to fill someone else's shift, you are responsible for covering that shift.
- Please do not come into work if you are not feeling well. Send a shift release request through Humanity portal.
- Please send an email to email@example.com as soon as you know you are too ill to make your shift. This should happen BEFORE the beginning of your shift.
- Please contact the production team if you become ill during your shift and cannot complete your assigned hours.
Timesheets are created/submitted in Workday. https://workday.utexas.edu/
Timesheets should be submitted by noon every Monday. Timesheets are due bi-weekly every month (mid and end of month). It is your responsibility to fill out your timesheet accurately and submit it on time.
Late timesheets are not acceptable unless there are issues beyond your control. More than one reminder to submit your timesheet on time can result in warnings and possible dismissal.
Checkout Items and Workflow:
- Checkout headphones, keyboards, wacom pens, pocket wizzard, cable adapters USBC etc
- Get their UTID not a TDL - no cellphone no keys - ONLY there UTID
- Put their ID in the binder and label with a sticky note what they took
- Return their ID only when they return the item - if there is an issue that someone wants their ID and doesn't have the item to return call tech staff
- Organize the desk drawers - locker - Check headphones wipe them down
- Keep the facilities clean!!! We want everyone to enjoy a nice clean working environment. Wipe down the monitors, desks and toss out trash.
- Organize the chairs between classes if possible
- Turn off projectors if no class is in classroom or studio
Work using Login to LinkedIn Learning
– It’s free for students
Instructions to log on are here:
NOTE!! Shift Responsibilities
- Always have your ID and KEY with you while you are on duty
- Learn how to use the TWO WAY RADIO and use it to check in with COMM-PRODUCTION and when leaving check out with COMM-PRODUCTION and have the next proctor check in.
- YOUR EID is now ADMIN - YOU can install stuff on the computers - BE CAREFUL and ask Tech Staff before installing anything
- Everyone is expected to keep their work areas tidy and free of clutter. If you eat at the desk clean up after. Don't need messy food leftovers.
- Restroom breaks / breaks can be taken as needed leave a note with the time you will be back.
- Email "firstname.lastname@example.org" with a summary of your shift. This can be a simple report that you had no issues.
- You can also include problems the tech staff should be aware of, checked out items that never got returned, student requests, etc…
CMB Studio Guidelines
- Schedule is on the touchscreens on the doors
- Classes are booked in the studios Monday - Thursday 9AM till 10PM (fridays only RTF318 in a couple of studios)
- All other times are open for Student and Faculty reservations that are approved by staff and proctors
- Weekends the studios will be mostly accessed by proctors letting students with reservations into the studios
- BACS (card swipe) access is used for students that have been approved to use the studios for larger shoots and projects that occur out of proctored hours
- If a student has BACS access ask them to please confirm they indeed can open and lock the studio with their ID
- All studios must be vacated and locked at 10PM Monday - Thursday and Sunday 5PM on Friday and Saturday (unless the user has BACS access that has been confirmed)
- Checkout Equipment may be left in Studios after RTF labs Monday - Thursday nights but lock the studio with the equipment in there.
- Checkout staff will pick it up by 8AM the next morning
NOTE: Later when we are back to normal studio use we'll re-instate proctors helping with reservations
Microsoft Teams and Studio Reservations - Need an Office 365 account
You will need to claim an account via https://office365.austin.utexas.edu
Make your account
Send us that office 365 email once you have it and I'll send it to the Studio Reservations and Microsoft Teams