MOODY STUDIO RULES FOR RESERVATIONS AND STUDIO USE
READ THIS if you are wanting to use props that are weapons like guns, knives, and etc.
CMB Studios are for RTF students currently enrolled in upper-division production classes and working on an approved academic project for their current production class.
Studio usage is for production-related applications only. All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Casting and crew meetings are limited to available non-studio resources.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to follow any of the following rules can result in monetary fines and/or loss of privileges to RTF studios and equipment. Use of studios or equipment for non-academic purposes will be considered scholastic dishonesty.
! SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST IN ALL SITUATIONS !
SECTION I - REQUESTOR AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF USE:
1) Report any damage immediately. Failure to disclose property or equipment damages may result in suspension of the use of all RTF facilities.
2) Food/beverage must be consumed outside of the studio. *No alcoholic beverages allowed on premise; no smoking inside the building. *Read university guidelines regarding drug and alcohol prohibitions.
3) Absolutely no use of pyrotechnics, projectiles/squibs, oil-based foggers/hazers, combustibles, aerosols/inhalants, open flames, & lacquer/enamel. Use of water-based foggers/hazers must be disclosed and a Form SR-10 must be submitted with UT Facilities Services (Fire Safety Systems) at least 72 hours in advance to prevent false fire alarms & evacuation from occurring in the Communications complex. In some circumstances a mandatory Fire Watch may need to be performed by the student production.
4) No motor vehicles allowed in the freight elevator or any studio.
5) No student is allowed to perform electrical repairs or modifications to lighting instruments, dimmer boards, or the electrical components of any studio.
6) Facilities must be left clean. Pack out everything you brought in: props, equipment, signage, etc. Strike all sets, remove your tools, equipment, and all materials. Remove waste bags from garbage cans and dispose in our dumpsters under the Southeast stairs of the CMB building. Failure to strike/clean will result in charges assessed at prevailing labor rates and a bar of academic/administrative records to pursue this compensation. If you receive the studio in poor condition from the previous user, report conditions to the Technical Staff immediately.
7) Use of paint or construction materials must be disclosed.
8) The Requestor understands they use the studio AT THEIR OWN RISK. This means the Requestor is responsible for ALL University Property and ALL actions, including those of their cast and crew, conducted within the Studio at ALL times of their reservation. The Moody College does not take responsibility for any property left unattended in our facilities.
9) In accordance with the University of Texas Weapon Policy, the use of any type of weapon must be disclosed and will require submission of an application and approval prior to your production/reservation.
10) All announcements including, but not limited to, signs, posters, bulletins, fliers, directions, maps, etc. posted in and/or around the Communication complex must be removed at the conclusion of your reservation. Failure to do so will result in charges to your What I Owe.
Please note the following:
- Studio 4A functions as a classroom, motion capture area, and multimedia lab before other uses
- Studio 4C is reserved for lecture, sound mixing, playback, and special screenings before other uses
- Studio 6A and Studio 6B are Moody special-use spaces, and require permission to use the space on a case-per-case basis
- Any usage outside the scope of these rules will need explicit permission from the Studio Manager.
! The Student who has reserved the studio is ultimately responsible to return the studio to a clean condition immediately following the end of the reservation period !
TECH STAFF TO CONTACT:
In the event of a serious injury or emergency always call 9-1-1 first
Jeremy Gruy – Moody Studio Manager
(512) 232 - 2760
Susanne Kraft – Senior Production Technical Staff
(512) 517 - 1387
SECTION II - REQUESTOR AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING FINES & PENALTIES:
If the student fails to notify the staff of unacceptable conditions prior to the use of the studio then it is the responsibility of the student to return the studio to full, acceptable condition.
IF THE FACILITIES ARE NOT LEFT IN ACCEPTABLE CONDITION, THEN THE FOLLOWING FINES WILL BE LEVIED:
- All trash (food/drinks, containers, newspapers, signage, announcements, etc.) must be disposed of in trash containers and taken to the hallway for custodial disposal. Excessive amounts of trash (three bags or more, items too large for normal-sized trash cans) need to be deposited directly into our dumpsters (Southeast corner of the CMB.) Access to the dumpsters should be requested prior to the completion of the reservation. Failure to remove your refuse will result in a $25.00 fine.
- Set must be taken apart and flats must be returned to the bins in the studio they originated. All sandbags, cinderblocks, and all other set supports must be stowed in proper area out of the main floor of the studio. If these originated from a different studio return them to that studio as well. If set items are not removed and put away this could result in a fine in the range of $20.00-$150.00 depending on the severity of the mess.
- Lights and stands must also be returned to the correct studio and stowed neatly in their proper area out of the main studio floor. All dead bulbs and malfunctioning lights should be reported to the Technical Staff – ATTN: Jeremy Gruy. Failure to do this will result in a $25.00 fine.
- All props and set design material must be removed. If you brought in props and decorating items (anything and that means anything: clothes, building materials, paint, furniture, rugs, tools, toothbrushes, mattresses, radios, ANYTHING) you must remove it from the building. Don’t put it in another studio or in the hallway. Abandoning materials in our facilities will result in a fine ranging from $50-$200.00 depending on the amount that has to be disposed of.
- If you damage the studio, for example, breaking the studio door lock or blowing a fuse please report damage immediately. Failure to report damages will result in a fine equivalent to the damage, parts, and labor necessary to fix it.
FINES CAN BE PAID TO EITHER:
(512) 471 - 4136
(512) 471 - 5653