To allow callers to transfer out of your mailbox to another phone (such as a receptionist or your cell phone), follow these steps:
- Log into your voice mail account online (right-click this link to open in a new tab or window: https://voicemail.its.utexas.edu) using your 5-digit campus phone number and voice mail PIN.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, click Settings.
- In the new window, select Preferences.
- Look for “Subscriber Defined Transfer” and check the box next to it.
- Below that, enter the five-digit campus number, or ten-digit off-campus number, that you wish callers to transfer to. No punctuation is necessary.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Save button.
- In your greeting, you will need to instruct callers to press 1 if they wish to be transferred. NOTE: The transfer cannot be made after the beep, so compose your greeting to give callers enough time to respond.