UT Voice Mail options for implementing fax service:
NOTE: UTVM fax options are only for receiving faxes. Faxes cannot be sent out from UTVM accounts.
- Fax-only account: This can be set up on a VoIP line without a telephone set.
- Fax-only line linked to your own voice mailbox; i.e., one mailbox with two phone numbers: One number presents the call with a fax tone; the other prompts the caller to leave a voice message.
- Add fax capability to any regular voice mailbox; i.e., one mailbox on one phone number but capable of receiving both voice messages and faxes. CAVEATS: (1) With this option, every caller will hear a menu with options to press 1 to leave a voice message or press 2 to send a fax. (2) The sending fax machine must have a handset to select the fax option.
- Forward faxes to email address: Subscribers using any of the options above may wish to set the "notification with attachment" option in Settings to forward faxes to an email address. Faxes are in TIFF format by default, but your voice mail administrator can adjust the forwarding process to convert them to PDF to improve quality. Discuss this with your voice mail administrator (see below).
Features when logged into a fax account by telephone:
- Fax message inventory: The system plays the number of new and old fax messages in your mailbox.
- Fax envelope information: Includes the arrival date and time of the message and the identity of the sender.
- Delete fax: When this option is selected during envelope playback, the system erases the message from the Inbox and places it in the Trash folder.
- Forward fax to another subscriber, including multiple recipients. You can also record, review, and re-record an introduction to the forwarded fax before sending.
- Forward to a fax machine for printing.
To Request Fax Service:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your contact information), or call the Voice Mail Office at (512) 471-0019 (campus 1-0019) to discuss implementation options.
NOTE: The fax-to-voicemail function may not be used to receive faxes containing Social Security Numbers or certain other types of restricted information. Please contact the Information Security Office at email@example.com for guidelines and alternatives.