- All entertainment payments require an approved Official Occasion Expense Form.
- The University is exempt from the mixed beverage tax and state sales tax.
- Preapproval is required for purchases made using the procard. Please include "preapproval" in the OOEF document ID field.
- Receipts and invoices must be attached unless the OOEF is for preapproval. For preapproved events, receipts and invoices must be uploaded to the OOEF once received.
- If the Dean hosts an event, special processing is required. Please contact the Dean's Office.
- When possible, a house account (direct bill/ invoice for payment) should be used for vendors.
- Reimbursements for employee companion meals are not permitted unless the donor/distinguished guest has a companion in attendance.
- Tips should not exceed 20% of the subtotal (excluding taxes, and fees).
- See the OOEF policy for guidelines regarding per person limits for your different event types.
- The OOEF should reflect a business reason and benefit to the university. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for examples.
- All vendors for a single event should be included on one OOEF, include explanation in the notes section.
- If the number of guests listed on the receipt differs from the amount listed on the OOEF, please include a note to explain.
- Sales tax is reimbursable for dine in meals only.
- If a bartender is involved, a Purchase Order must be issued before the event, which includes the following statement "Bartender must have a TABC license". (*Note: if the vendor is requiring a signature or requiring the University agree to terms and conditions for the event, a full contract is needed instead of a Purchase Order)