Please note that all rooms must be returned to "classroom order." When you are finished using the rehearsal space, do not leave chairs pushed up against the walls or stacked on top of each other. Return them to the center of the classroom so that the faculty members using the classroom the next morning won’t have to spend time pulling the desks into order to begin their classes. If you have any questions about "classroom order" contact the monitor on duty.
Dance Studio After Hours Access
Effective 2/20/12 -- This policy enacted with the approval of the dance area.
We will be locking the dance studios during Winship “after hours” times. The studios will be unlocked and will function as usual during the day.
- The dance studios will only be accessible at night and on the weekends on a key checkout basis. ** These times are:
- Monday through Friday from 7pm to 11pm
- Saturday and Sunday all day and night
- We have a key for checkout for each studio at the front desk.
- If a student has a room reservation for a dance studio, then they will sign out the key to that studio on the key checkout log and leave a photo ID. When the student’s reservation is over they can come retrieve their ID and sign out.
- We can verify a room reservation by looking at the “room request form” with my approval, or if their reservation has been input onto the room reservation calendars on Entourage.
- If the person does not have a reservation form, but wants to “pop-in” on the studio, then they have to be a dance student listed on the approved list that Holly Williams has provided to us.
- If they cannot provide an ID matching a name on the approved list, then we cannot let them check out a key to the dance studio without a faculty-sponsored reservation — using the normal room request forms.
We ask that you follow the posted rules in the department for the safety and convenience of everyone involved.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Forms submitted less than two business days in advance will not be processed.
- Students may not reserve space more than two weeks in advance.
- Whether you use the room or not, you are responsible for whatever happens in a room during the time you have it reserved.
- Return the room to "classroom order" when you are finished.
- No shoes in the dance studios (1.172, 2.116. 2.120). These rooms are designed for movement work. No rehearsal furniture is allowed.
- If you need AV set up, contact the AV office, WIN 2.114.
- Bring the approved room reservation form with you as proof of your reservation.
- The department reserves the right to limit the number of reservations a student may make all at once, or over a semester.
- There is absolutely no drinking alcohol or smoking in the Winship Building. Violators of this rule will be barred from reserving rooms in Winship.
- Non-UT affiliated persons are not allowed to make room reservation requests, nor are they allowed to use our facilities without a Building Use Agreement (see Ben Fest).
- Failure to follow these policies may result in the revocation of your Winship room reservation privileges.
Dance Studio After Hours Access
Effective February 20, 2012. This policy enacted with the approval of the Dance Area.
- Dance studios (1.172, 2.116, 2.120) are locked during Winship after hours. The studios will be unlocked and function normally during the day (8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday).
- The dance studios will only be accessible at night and on the weekends on a key checkout basis.
- Studio keys may be checked out at the Winship front desk (WIN 1.142).
- If a student has a room reservation for a dance studio, then he will sign out the key to that studio on the key checkout log and leave a photo ID. When the student’s reservation is over he can come retrieve the ID and sign out.
- The front desk can verify a room reservation by looking at the "room request form" with Ben Fest's approval, or if that reservation has been input onto the room reservation calendars on Entourage.
- If someone does not have a reservation form, but wants to “pop-in” on the studio, that student must be a dance student listed on Holly Williams's approved list.
- If a student cannot provide an ID matching a name on the approved list, the front desk cannot let that person check out a key to the dance studio without a faculty-sponsored reservation using the normal room request forms.
Key Checkout Times
Monday through Friday
7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
All day and night (per normal building hours)