Each individual traveling, including students, must submit their own travel request.
- Travel requests must be sent to CTR-Admin@engr.utexas.edu. Where applicable, a supervisor must be CCed on the request, and they must reply to the email with explicit approval before the RTA can be created.
- Submit your requests at least 2 business days prior to travel.
- Late travel requests will not be approved and reimbursement will not be allowed. If you fail to submit an RTA prior to your travel, you will have to pay for the expenses out of pocket.
Additional funding for travel is limited. Researchers can fill out the current Request for Additional Travel Funding form and send it to the director and CC: CTR Admin for approval. Please contact CTR Admin for more information about policy.
DO NOT travel until you receive an automated email with your RTA number.
Example RTA (Request for Travel Authorization) Email. If you do not receive the automated email with your RTA information and number, you should assume you don’t have an RTA in place.
- For out-of-state travel requests on TxDOT-sponsored projects, be sure to fill out TxDOT's University Out-of-State Travel Request form for approval before booking your trip.
- Requires minimum of 10 business days / 2 weeks for RTI approval.
- Administrators: Per TxDOT policy, all travel should contain the following information in the notes section of the VP5 or in the VE5: Name of traveler, dates, destination, purpose, and project number.
- You can only pay for your own travel. You cannot be reimbursed for someone else’s accommodations or meals.