Adding, Reassigning and Canceling UTVM
Determining if UTVM Service Already Exists for a Phone Number
- Call the main number 512-232-8886 (on campus dial 2-8886).
- If you are prompted for a PIN, press * to bypass this login prompt.
- At the mailbox prompt, press * again to enter the "express message" service.
- You will be prompted to enter a mailbox number followed by the # sign in order to leave a message.
If the mailbox exists, you will hear its greeting. If not, you will hear that the "service is temporarily unavailable." You can then proceed to request new service or reassignment of the existing mailbox, as appropriate.
Adding New UTVM Service
Unlike SmartVoice, UTVM is provided free of charge to customers whose telephone service has been converted to the new VoIP telephone switch. UTVM mailboxes are no longer tied to names and EIDs. To request new service, simply email email@example.com with the following:
- the phone number(s) needing voice mail service
- the individual or departmental name associated with each phone number
- cc: to the end users (we'll reply-to-all with the instructions)
- your contact information
- NOTE: If you need a greeting-only mailbox that will not accept messages, please specify that in your email.
Reassigning UTVM Mailboxes
To request mailbox reassignment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the phone number(s) and subscriber name(s) and specify one the following options for each reassigned mailbox:
Option 1: Complete Mailbox Replacement
This option is the cleanest for the new subscriber, because all settings (such as email notification and forwarding) and recordings (such as name, standard greeting, extended absence greeting, etc.) will be removed. However, any messages (played or unplayed) in the mailbox will also be removed and cannot be retrieved.
Option 2: PIN Reset Only
This option retains any messages (played or unplayed) left in the mailbox, but also retains any greetings and settings used by the previous subscriber. When choosing this option, the new subscriber will be advised to check and update all settings and greetings using the following checklists:
- To check and change greetings, log in by telephone. Press 9 1 6 to get to Modify Greetings, then select the options below and follow the prompts:
- Press 1 for Modify Generic.
- Press 2 for Modify Extended Absence.
- (Option 3, Modify Busy, is not supported.)
- Press 4 for Modify No-Answer.
- Log in by web browser.
- Go to Settings to check and modify or remove general Preferences, Greeting settings, and Sub-Mailboxes.
- Go to Address Book to check and add or remove contacts.
- Go to Notification to check and modify or remove email notification settings.
Cancelling UTVM Service
Send an email to email@example.com requesting cancellation of voice mail, and provide the phone number(s).
The customer (or the TSC) is responsible for ensuring that the forwarding features have been turned off on the phone:
- To remove forward-no-answer: From the dial tone press *83, wait for confirmation tone and hang up.
- To remove forward-busy: From the dial tone press *85, wait for confirmation tone and hang up.