Congratulations on your graduation! Your McCombs technology resources (email, lab access, support) change upon your graduation. Read on to find out what changes and how to prevent data loss. We also recommend you read the Graduation FAQ page, which answers common graduation questions.
When you graduate, your McCombs account (MSB Account), and everything tied to it, will be deleted to make room for new students. This means that you no longer have a mailbox on the McCombs Office365 tenant or access to McCombs computer labs. You receive lifetime email forwarding, so you will not lose email and can continue sharing your McCombs address as long as you want.
Set up your email forwarding before leaving for the semester*, then backup anything important in your mailbox
May 26, 2017
University marks students as graduated, McCombs mailboxes will be removed the following week.
* You can forward your email at any time, but if you wait until after your account is deleted you will miss email sent between the account deletion and when forwarding takes effect. Mailboxes should be backed up before account deletion.
1. Buy any software you want to keep from the Campus Computer Store. If you have not already bought the latest version of Windows and Office, this is a great opportunity to get them at a low price.
2. If you downloaded anti-virus software from Bevoware, remove it and install new anti-virus software. (instructions)
3. If you use Outlook personal folders, find out where they are saved. (instructions)
4. Back up your files to a USB drive, DVD, CD, or external hard drive (because it’s always a good idea). Do not back up to a UT or McCombs provided resource. (instructions)
5. Set up your alternate email address (the one your McCombs mail is forwarded to) to send from your McCombs account, if your alternate email account allows this. (instructions)
If you have any questions about the changes in your McCombs technology resources, or if you need assistance completing any of the steps above, contact the SWAT Shop.