Palisade Decision Tools - https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/MSBTech/Palisade+Decision+Tools
- Windows only
- Install Microsoft Office first
- Mac users need a Windows VM (see below).
Virtual Machine (VM) for Mac Users - https://wikis.utexas.edu/display/MSBTech/Installing+OVA+files+using+VirtualBox
- Need ~ 30GB of free space. VM exists in one single file that can be deleted easily when you no longer need the VM.
- Older Macs with 4GB of RAM will be very slow. Not recommended. If possible, upgrade RAM to 8 GB and the storage drive to a solid state drive.
Office 365 Subscription (Microsoft Office for Mac and Windows) - https://office365.austin.utexas.edu/
- Click "Office 365 Portal"
- Students have 5 free device licenses to install/activate Office on personal computers and mobile devices.
- Mac users can install it on the Mac side and then install Office on the Windows side (see VM link for more details)
Check McCombs email in web browser - https://outlook.com/owa/mccombs.utexas.edu
- Sign in with either of these formats
- We are migrating our Office 365 environment to UT Austin's. By the end of the fall semester, these instructions will change. You will log into a different OWA site (https://outlook.com/owa/utexas.edu) with your EID and password.
UTmail ( @utexas.edu Gmail address) - https://get.utmail.utexas.edu/
- Lifetime account
- Google for Education apps
- Currently unlimited Google Drive storage
- Pick your own email address (where available)
- If using web email, sign into this account at gmail.com using your full email address.
Connecting to 'utexas' Wireless - https://ut.service-now.com/utss/KAhome.do?number=KB0010997
- If necessary, extra weekly bandwidth can be purchased - https://ut.service-now.com/utss/KAhome.do?number=KB0011687
- This is for UT Austin campus only, so may not be needed for EMBA students who are only here for a short time.
- Monitor and manage your data plan
Anti-Virus Software - https://security.utexas.edu/education-outreach/anti-virus
Printing in McCombs - https://www.lib.utexas.edu/services/copyprint/ and https://www.lib.utexas.edu/services/computing/
Printing in AT&T (Excutive MBA students) - https://utexas.box.com/v/EMBAPrint
Cloud Storage - UT Box (unlimited storage) - https://utexas.app.box.com/files
- Unlimited, enterprise-class secure storage through Box.com
- Can use Box Sync or Box Drive to sync files to computer (like Dropbox).
- Box Drive is a newer sync tool that requires internet to see your files but syncs all files automatically. https://www.box.com/resources/downloads/drive
- Box Sync allows you to choose which folders/files you want synced to your computer and they are available offline. https://utexas.app.box.com/settings/sync
- If using these apps, sign into them with the format email@example.com.
- Mobile apps available