The BME Graduate Program has shifted to electronic forms and prefers to use DocuSign when available. This page contains a comprehensive list of forms that graduate students use and information on the use of DocuSign for some of the forms. 

DocuSign forms for graduate student use are managed by the graduate administrator. Please contact for all DocuSign related questions, including to add more forms to DocuSign.

Forms Available in DocuSign


Students at UT do not have the capability to set up a DocuSign account. PowerForms for graduate students are set up in the graduate administrator's DocuSign account, but can be initiated and sent by students using a URL.

  • Choose the form you need.
  • On the initial PowerForm page, enter the names and email addresses of the signers. Use the signers EID email address when possible (e.g., 
  • Students will have assigned fields for most forms. Once you complete the initial page, the form will route to you first so you can enter pertinent information. 
  • Enter information in the fields assigned to you and click Finish. Your form will automatically route to all other signers you listed on the initial page. 
  • When the form is completed, you will receive an email from DocuSign with a link to download your completed form. In most cases, the form is not automatically sent to the appropriate office for processing (e.g., the Graduate School). You will need to download the form and submit it via email to the appropriate office for processing. 

PowerForms Available for Student Use in BME

Other Forms

Forms that are not set up as PowerForms must be initiated and sent by the Graduate Administrator. 

  • Determine the form you need. 
  • Email the Graduate Administrator at and include the form name, all signer names, and all signer email addresses. 
  • Not entirely sure who all needs to sign the form? View the form (attached below) to determine your signers for the form based on the form's instructions. 
  • The Graduate Administrator will launch the form for you. Notice of 24 hours or more is appreciated. 

Other Forms that the Graduate Administrator Can Launch for You

  • BME Proposal Form
  • Graduate Add/Drop Form (also used to change a course's grade to/from CR/NC)
  • Request for Change in Doctoral Committee
  • Request for Delay in Publication
  • Unreserve Course for Graduate Credit (BSBME/MSE students)

Note: the Graduate Administrator manages the routing of Learning Outcomes Forms in DocuSign for all qualifying exams, proposals and final oral exams. Students no longer need to obtain these forms from their committees. 

Don't want to use DocuSign? Learn how to use Adobe Certificates to sign a PDF or how to add a digital signature in Office files

  File Modified
PDF File Request to Delay Publication.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White
PDF File Request for Change in Doctoral Committee.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White
PDF File Add Drop Form and CR NC.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White
PDF File BME Proposal Form.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White
PDF File Unreserve Course for Graduate Credit.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White
PDF File Thesis Registration Form.pdf May 06, 2021 by Lacy T White

  • No labels