The BME Graduate Program has shifted to electronic forms and prefers to use DocuSign when available. This page contains a comprehensive list of forms that graduate students use and information on the use of DocuSign for some of the forms.
DocuSign forms for graduate student use are managed by the graduate administrator. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all DocuSign related questions, including to add more forms to DocuSign.
Forms Available in DocuSign
Students at UT do not have the capability to set up a DocuSign account. PowerForms for graduate students are set up in the graduate administrator's DocuSign account, but can be initiated and sent by students using a URL.
- Choose the form you need.
- On the initial PowerForm page, enter the names and email addresses of the signers. Use the signers EID email address when possible (e.g., email@example.com).
- Students will have assigned fields for most forms. Once you complete the initial page, the form will route to you first so you can enter pertinent information.
- Enter information in the fields assigned to you and click Finish. Your form will automatically route to all other signers you listed on the initial page.
- When the form is completed, you will receive an email from DocuSign with a link to download your completed form. In most cases, the form is not automatically sent to the appropriate office for processing (e.g., the Graduate School). You will need to download the form and submit it via email to the appropriate office for processing.
Forms that are not set up as PowerForms must be initiated and sent by the Graduate Administrator.
- Determine the form you need.
- Email the Graduate Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the form name, all signer names, and all signer email addresses.
- Not entirely sure who all needs to sign the form? View the form (attached below) to determine your signers for the form based on the form's instructions.
- The Graduate Administrator will launch the form for you. Notice of 24 hours or more is appreciated.
Other Forms that the Graduate Administrator Can Launch for You
- BME Proposal Form
- Graduate Add/Drop Form (also used to change a course's grade to/from CR/NC)
- Request for Change in Doctoral Committee
- Request for Delay in Publication
- Unreserve Course for Graduate Credit (BSBME/MSE students)