Current students attending The University of Texas at Austin may film on university property for a class project assigned by a faculty member for a grade. All film projects must secure approval to film in the Winship Drama Building by Department of Theatre and Dance (Nathan Harper, Assistant Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org). Filming must not be disruptive, violate any other university rules, inconvenience members of the university community or create a safety hazard. Students may also be granted permission to film on behalf of Registered Student Organizations if the footage will be posted solely to the student organization's UT-hosted website or social media pages.
In either of these instances, please follow the steps outlined below:
- If you are interested in filming inside the Winship Drama Building, please fill out and submit this form (hyperlinked) at least two weeks prior to your preferred film date.
- In all instances, students must secure a release from the on-camera individuals, utilizing this form (hyperlinked). After distributing the form to your collaborators, contact Sydney Pattillo to ensure that all individuals have filled out said form (please provide a full list of all involved along with your request).
- You must secure all permissions for the space you would like to film in. If you would like to reserve a room in the Winship Drama Building for filming, please follow the steps laid out on the room reservation page.
- Please note: All requests for reserving outdoor spaces, including outside of the Winship Drama Building, must be submitted through Student Activities.
- For rules and regulations regarding all other locations on campus, reference the University Communications website.
Students wishing to film for other, non-academic or student organization-based projects should review the University Communications Filming Guidelines for Non-News Filming page.
Please note that University rules prohibit filming commercials or advertisements on university property, as well as filming that implies endorsement of a business or organization (including nonprofits).