27 August 2014
- Stephanie W Crouch
- Tracy L Brzozowski
- Rebekah A Sylvia
- Unknown User (fv572)
- Katharine J Grieve
- Larry G Liberty
- Colleen Elizabeth Lyon
- Priorities for 2014-15 UTSC Communications Committee
|time for monthly commcomm meeting?|
|regroup||heard from jason that some of his folks are confused|
|did you know||repository, tweet/facebook|
SOcial media "stewards"
Have two commcomm members as "stewards" for these functions?
|sticky notes from retreat|
Sticky note feedback
- Informational Forums - cornered
- Continue updates on social media
- Continue updates on meetings and what is going on at campus
- How to get good communication to staff
- Outreach within the community
- UT sponsored charity activities
- Charity marathon
- Habitat for Humanity
- How to raise a profile for staff council
- Many still do no know what we do
- Better communication before big changes are made on campus as VoIP
- Improving communications
- Need webpage to see how UT is doing, what changes have been made and things we can do
- More flexible work hours/arrangements
- Better flex time options
- Possibly working 4 10 hour work days or 1/2 day on Friday to help reduce departmental expenses and boost staff moral
- Telecommuting - all supervisors on board
- Encouraging telecommuting when applicable
- Learn more about retirement and insurance - have HR contact person invited to staff meetings
- More campus sponsored events to bring staff together to boost morale and have them partially funded
- Meet-up groups
- Alana compiled a list of organizations for staff
- Send "did you know" emails (#didyouknow)
- @austin email to for all staff
- Survey service for staff (used to be survey station) - now it's Qualtrics
- Empowering employees - putting/getting university department resources available for individiaul departments to inform employees of benefits (ie. HR reps talk about ed staff benefit - but more personalize to the department)
- Can staff council interface with outside entities like city council, etc? Entities where there are no campus representatives.
- Bridging gaps between departments that often work together (especially university-wide departments like HR, accounting, IT, etc.)
- How to get more staff involved with staff council?
- Stronger encouragement for telecommuting (Did you know?)
- Small focused tours of campus for new employees; more of getting to know who/what is in each building (Did you know?)
- Insurance/FML - Adrienne Howarth-Moore to talk about these topics at the SC meetings.
- Send out Doodle to get everyone's schedule to regular meetings outside of SC meetings.
- Communications email need to be updated. Phil to check with Stuart.