Here is what to expect during a Zoom class
- Once class begins, make sure that your webcam is on to engage with the instructor and your classmates
- Polling questions may be taken during class, students attending class through the Zoom smartphone app may not be able to participate in polling questions
- Your microphone will be automatically muted when you join a class
- When your instructor asks a question, use the nonverbal icons located in the "more" ellipsis button to answer. Please see the illustrations below:
Video breakout rooms where you will be placed with a subset of your classmates may be assigned randomly or pre-defined by your instructor based on group assignments. Note: Preassigned break out rooms will not work if students enter a class late. If this is the case, the professor must leave the room and come back and reassign the breakout rooms. Please be considerate and join your class on time.
- When screensharing occurs, you may encounter a delay in the video
- Chat during class should be used for lecture topics or requesting help
- TA support will help students that post questions in the Chat window and answer content questions after class, help monitor nonverbal feedback (ie. "raise hands") and keep the class muted to minimize distractions
Still need help?
For McCombs students, please contact Media Services via email or phone:
- Email VC-Trouble@mccombs.utexas.edu
- Call 512-232-6679 (GSB/CBA) and 512-232-4646 (RRH)
For all other UT students, please contact your respective college or school