Polices and Procedures for Using a Space in the Winship Building
In order to best serve curricular needs of Theatre and Dance Majors, to maintain a safe and secure environment for students, faculty and staff, and to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of the building, the following policies and procedures exist for use of the Winship Building.
There is a hierarchy of priority to room scheduling in the Winship Building. Scheduled classes are first, followed by rehearsal space for the Department Production Season and class-related projects. After these have been scheduled, then spaces will be reserved by request only, including non-curricular work by majors.
The Laboratory Theatre is reserved by a graduate student committee overseen by faculty member Rusty Cloyes. They can be reached at email@example.com. The Payne and Brockett Theaters are scheduled by Texas Performing Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Dance Studios (1.172, 2.116, 2.120) is limited to work in bare feet, socks, or dance shoes. These rooms are designed for movement work. No rehearsal furniture is allowed.
Please fill out at least 48 hours before the even is scheduled. Return the completed request to the front desk for departmental approval. If the room is locked, present the completed form to the building monitor on duty. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE SPACE WITHOUT THIS WRITTEN CONSENT. You can pick up your approval form at the front desk between 8:00a-5:00p.
We ask that all activities (class related, rehearsal, etc.) be concluded so that students may vacate the building by eleven o’clock. The Building Monitors secure all rooms before they leave for the evening.
Please note that all rooms must be returned to “classroom order”. When you are finished using the rehearsal space, do not leave chairs pushed up against the walls or stacked on top of each other. Return them to the center of the classroom so that the faculty members using the classroom the next morning won’t have to spend time pulling the desks into order to begin their classes. If you have any questions about “classroom order” contact the monitor on duty.
We ask that you follow the posted rules in the department for the safety and convenience of everyone involved. Failure to follow these rules may result in not being able to use any rehearsal spaces in the Winship building.
- Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Forms submitted less than two BUSINESS days in advance will not be processed.
- Students may not reserve space more than two weeks in advance.
- Whether you use the room or not, you are responsible for whatever happens in a room during the time when you have it reserved.
- You WILL return the room to “classroom order” when you are finished with it. If you don’t know what “classroom order” is, ask the Building Monitor. This includes returning any furniture moved for rehearsal back to its original location and discarding all trash.
- NO SHOES in the dance studios (1.172, 2.116. 2.120). These rooms are designed for movement work. No rehearsal furniture is allowed.
- If you need AV set up, contact the AV office, WIN 1.112.
- This form, if approved, is proof that you have the room reserved. Bring it with you.
- The Department reserves the right to limit the number of reservations a student may make all at once, or over a semester.
- There is absolutely no drinking alcohol or smoking in The Winship Building. If you are caught doing either of these things you will face strict consequences, and will no longer be allowed to reserve space in the building.
- Non-UT affiliated persons are not allowed to make room reservation requests, nor are they allowed to use our facilities without a building use agreement (see Ben Fest).
- Failure to follow these policies may result in the revocation of your Winship room reservation privileges.