Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 3 Next »

Accounting is anything paid for that does not fall under hiring and payroll or purchasing. If you have any questions, please contact the UGS Business Affairs office. For more information about campus-wide business practice, please visit the UT Austin Office of Accounting web site.

Official Occasion Expense Form

The Official Occasion Expense Form is for any working business meeting, official or annual event, conference, or workshop. Bring signed and completed forms to the dean's office 10 business days before the event.

Ordering food

It is significantly quicker to pay caterers who already have a direct billing account set up with UGS. Please contact the administrative staff in your area for a list of those caterers.

Tipping & Gratuities

According to university policy, tips should not exceed 20 percent. Tipping and gratuities will be reviewed as part of the estimate on official occasion expense forms (see above), which should be completed and approved in advance of the purchase. 

Outside contracts

Outside contracts are for individuals, such as musicians or photographers. Each request must be approved by your supervisor prior to the event. You must request that the UGS Business Affairs office process the Authorization of Professional Services Form (APS) and Employee/Independent Contractor Checklist 10 business days before the event.

Administrative Tasks: Contractors Not Affiliated with UT Austin
  1. Contact the UGS Business Affairs office with the name of the individual that will be providing the contract services to see if person is set up in mainframe to receive payments from UT Austin (i.e., honorarium, reimbursement of travel expenditures, etc.). 
    1. If the individual is not set up to receive payments, provide the contractor with the Payee Information Form (PIF) and forward the completed copy (with copy of the payee's photo ID or social security card) to the UGS Business Office. The PIF will a establish vendor ID to pay the individual for services and a UT EID will be assigned to the person.
  2. Fill out the typeable Authorization for Personal Services (APS) form, have a management-team member sign the Chairperson/Director line, and forward it to the UGS Business Affairs office for approval.
  3. The UGS Business Office will send a copy of the approved APS or AIS form to the preparer after approvals have been sought.  After approval, administrative support may book Centrally Billed Airfare and lodging to be billed to UGS if necessary.
  4. After the individual has provided services, acquire the contractor’s signature at the bottom of the APS or AIS form.
  5. Send the signed form along with any travel expenses to be reimbursed to the contractor to the UGS Business Office for processing.

Provide a copy of the approved APS/AIS form with any invoice for lodging to process payment.

  • No labels