This page includes instructions for uploading screenshots to a ServiceNow ticket as well as instructions for taking screenshots on Mac and PC.
How to upload Screenshot to ServiceNow
- Click on the ticket name to open it.
- Click on the paper clip icon on the right of the response bar to upload a screenshot.
- This will bring out a pop up window in which you'll select your saved screenshot.
- By pressing the "Open" button, you will upload the screenshot to your ticket.
How to take a Screenshot on Mac.
To take a screenshot of your whole screen, simultaneously press these keys on the keyboard: Command + Shift + 3
- After pressing the keys Command + Shift + 3 on your keyboard, you will see a pop up of the screenshot on the bottom right corner. Waiting for it to go away will automatically save it to your desktop.
To edit the screenshot
- Clicking the pop up will allow you to edit the screenshot. After you are finished editing the screenshot, save it by clicking "Done".
- All screenshots will automatically be saved to your desktop.
How to take a Screenshot on PC
To activate the interface of the Snipping Tool on Windows, press these keys on the keyboard: Windows + Shift + S
- After pressing the keys Windows + Shift + S on your keyboard, the screen will become darker and a tool bar will appear on the center top of your screen.
- Click the full-screen button to take a screenshot of the whole screen.
- A pop up on the bottom right side of the screen will appear after taking the screenshot. Click on it to open up a window to edit and save this screenshot.
- To save the screenshot, click the save icon on the top right corner of this pop up screen.
- A window will open to name and save the screenshot. By default, your screenshot will be saved in "Pictures".
Questions? You can create a ticket with CNS IT using our form or sending us an email at email@example.com