Prints can take from several hours to several days, depending on size and complexity. We combine prints as possible to speed things up, however you should expect a turn-around on 3D prints in one to two days - unless there is a long queue. When submitting your print to the Service Desk - they should be able to give you a rough estimate of when you can expect to pick up your print.
- Base Price: $5 for subscribed users ($45 for non-subscribers)
- Build Material (ABS plastic): $2.50 per cubic inch
- Support Material: $5.00 per cubic inch
- Max build size:
- Fortus: 10 x 10 x 12 in. (254 x 254 x 305 mm)
- UPrint: 8 x 6 x 6 in. (203 x 152 x 152 mm)
- Wash Cost: number of people--not by surface area, volume, or numbers of objects (Sometimes not necessary; please discuss at time of submission.)
- If you do not pick up your print, you will still be charged the full amount to your What I Owe.
In addition to the 3D Printing capabilities provided in the SOA, here are some external resources for 3D Printing:
- http://shapeways.com/education - Shapeways offers a standing 10% discount on all 3D prints for students and teachers with .edu email addresses.
- https://www.3dhubs.com/students - 3D hubs is basically the AirBnb of 3D printing and they offer 25% for students and teachers with .edu email addresses.