Camera Files Archive and AVID Project Setup
See this wiki for camera setup Panasonic AG-CX350 Quick Setup
1. AVID project setup and video link and transcoding workflows follow this wiki
2. IMPORT THE AUDIO!!! DON'T LINK AND TRANSCODE AUDIO recorded on the 744T or 702T into AVID projects. Use the >File>Import commands.
3. Subclip each slated take of the video clips and audio clips. Subclip in point is on the slate before clap and out point is at the end of the take.
4. "Autosync" (AVID) to create Synced dailies of audio and video
Or if you want to use waveforms to sync audio see this wiki (this is a similar workflow as Plural Eyes but it works within AVID)
How to sync audio automatically using Waveforms Must have Video Files With Camera Audio
5. Check each synced clip to ensure sync
6. Edit your footage in the timeline until you are absolutely to the point were you are picture locked.
Some helpful AVID tips and tricks
How to work with footage shot on your phone
Photo Pan and Scan how to do high quality Ken Burns effect, also known as "animatics"
Easier way to do Ken Burns effect, also known as "animatics"
AVID Timewarp - How to Speed up and Slow down your footage
AVID Importing stills photos or sequential #'ed stills
AVID Playback Frame-rate Playback 59.94 at 23.98 slo motion effect
Basic Audio Editing
How to view audio waveforms on source and record side media in AVID
How to Adjust Audio Levels with Audio Keyframing
AVID - Audio Equalization, or EQ
Sound mixing how to add Izotope Plug-Ins to your audio tracks and apply noise reduction
How to set the AVID Audio Output Tool
Sound Mixing - Optional - Book a SELF-Funded mix with a professional mixer that you pay the mixer. Schedule a time with Susanne Kraft to do a sound mix
7. Export an .aaf AND Quicktime file for the mixer to open in ProTools.
See worksheets How to Export .aaf and Quicktime to ProTools
Check the sync of the ProTools audio tracks with imported Quicktime and begin sound editing
9. Mix your session with the assigned Post-Production Sound Mixer and they will give you a stereo mix sound file that will be added into the online session and joined with the video.
Then import the stereo audio back into AVID
10. NOTE ONLY DO THIS step 10 IF YOU ARE COLOR CORRECTING IN AVID - IF USING DAVINCI RESOLVE SKIP TO STEP 12 IN THIS WIKI
Link your footage back to camera originals in AVID and then transcode to DNxHR HQ
11. Color correct the video clips. Don't move or do any tweaking on video clips in the online sequence because you could slip sync.
12. How to port over your AVID project to Davinci Resolve - Resolve is a much more complicated workflow than color correction in AVID FYI!!
14. How to round trip the media out of Davinci Resolve to AVID Media Composer
OR SUPER EASY OPTION - How to Export a Self Contained Quicktime out of Davinci Resolve - DO THIS IF YOU DON'T NEED YOUR EDITED CLPS IN AVID
15. Import final LtRt into project sequence. How to Import your Sound Mix into your AVID Project properly.
16. Export Final Quicktime for Screening
17. Backup Media to LTO tape (Optional) - Ask Tech Staff about this. This is a great option for backing up your projects long term and freeing up hard drives to use for other projects.